Keren Loyer Melbourne Celebrant


What is the first step to getting married?

The couple need to fill in a Notice of Intended Marriage and hand it to the Celebrant at least one calendar month before your wedding date. i usually recommend getting this done and dusted as soon as possible.

Can we have our wedding sooner than that?

You will need to contact Births, Deaths and Marriages (BDM) in your state to discuss this.

What documents do you need to provide?

Your original Birth Certificates and a current photo ID or a passport are required for both parties. If either of you has been previously married, then you must provide evidence of the termination of the marriage. This can be in the form of an original of your final divorce papers or a Death Certificate (if you have been widowed).

Please ensure that all the documents you provide are the originals, and if the originals are not in English, then a qualified interpreter must have translated them.

Do I need witnesses?

The legal requirement is that there are two witnesses who can speak and understand English, and are at least 18 years of age.

What if i want a small intimate ceremony in my backyard with only legal wording?

You can absolutely have any type of ceremony you wish for, and i am happy to work with you and create your dream day.

How much does a celebrant cost?

in considering the budget you plan to set aside for your Celebrant, you should note that the time your Celebrant spends conducting the actual ceremony is only “the tip of the iceberg”. Your Marriage Celebrant is a very important part of your wedding day and think of the cost in terms of making an investment.

Can we write our own Vows?

Of course you can! it’s very memorable and special to read your own vows to each other. Your vows are printed out ready for the day; i can hold the microphone for you or you may choose to hold it yourself.